Ideas Worth Spreading
A Motivation Talk that Will Help You Become Your Best Friend
“How to be your own best friend” TED Talk by Physician and Healthcare Thought Leader Dr Olivia Ong
The next step:
Thank you for considering Olivia as the speaker for your event. To check Olivia’s availability, please complete the form below.
Keynote speaker Dr Olivia is a Certified Speaker of The Big Talk Academy and a Certified World Class Speaker Coach
Meet Dr Olivia Ong
Physician. Professional Speaker. Author. Medical Leadership Coach.
At 28, my life changed in a split second when I was hit by a car and rendered a paraplegic. I had to learn to walk again while advancing my career as a dual-trained rehabilitation medicine and specialist pain medicine physician.
As a doctor, this patient experience of pain management gave me a unique perspective that has allowed me to become a renowned leader and workshop facilitator in the world of pain care and management.
The accident also re-awakened me. I realised I didn’t want to let life pass, feeling out of balance and exhausted. So I discovered self-compassion and creative development tools that would help me thrive at work and home.
Now, I inspire fellow healthcare professionals to lead a more balanced life so they can restore their energy and rediscover their passion.
- Why is it so hard to be your own best friend?
- How does not being your own best friend hurt you?
- How does being your best friend help you?
- What can happen when you become your best friend?
- How can you use what you learned to reach your goals faster?
Who do you know who would benefit from watching this TED talk?
- A business leader like a manager, supervisor, department head?
- A life coach or therapist? Their clients?
- A doctor or nurse? Their patients?
- A teacher, a principal? Their students?
- A mom or dad, their children?
- A mentor? Their mentees?
- A first responder?